Welcome!

We're just a family, living in Buffalo, NY trying to raise some kids, and have some fun while doing it. He's a computer guy and she works in a hospital. Two little boys (ages 3 and 2) who have everyone they know wrapped around their tiny, little fingers.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lost in Translation

Liam has been talking in full sentences since he was 18 months. YAY! him, right? Absolutely. (Especially after dealing with Danny's speech problems. I still think he's delayed for his age, but always progressing so I'm not too worried)
...and back to the subject of the post...
Boo, for me.
The one bad thing about Liam's awesome speech is he hasn't quite mastered pronunciation. (Normal for all children, mostly the people around the child can understand them, still happens with Danny sometimes.)He's getting much better, but he tries to have conversations with me, and I don't understand half the things he says.
I find myself asking Danny "Hey Danny, what did Liam just say?"
At first, Danny was thrilled to translate for Liam. But lately, Danny sighs at me (for anybody who knows me, I sigh all the time so I only have myself to blame), tells me no and walks away, and I'm left wondering what my almost 2 year old is trying to tell me.
Oh, and a side note, Liam gets very upset if he is not understood. Lots of crying (mostly me) and yelling. But it's a work in progress and Liam's pronunciation is slowly progressing.

Some upcoming things I'll try and post about:
Vacation to Myrtle Beach
Danny as a ring bearer in a friend's wedding (wearing a tuxedo!)
Danny starting pre-school 3 in September (He's getting so BIG!) :(

No comments: