Welcome!

We're just a family, living in Buffalo, NY trying to raise some kids, and have some fun while doing it. He's a computer guy and she works in a hospital. Two little boys (ages 3 and 2) who have everyone they know wrapped around their tiny, little fingers.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Three Year Old Brain

This blog is seriously going to become funny things my kids say. Or, to be completely truthful, the things that Danny says, since Liam's personality has yet to shine through in his answers.

Some background on the current funny statement...Danny still has yet to understand the concept of a question. (Kind of strange and worries me sometimes, but we get by.) Most of the time when I ask him a question, the answer is always yes. And it irks me to no end, so when Liam adopted this method, I lose my patience sometimes.

The first one happened a few months ago while sitting in my parents kitchen. We've been trying to teach him his name (first and last), where he lives, where his grandparents lives and his parents names. When we ask him who I am, his answer is Mommy. So we started getting creative and asked him what my mom calls me. Sometimes he says Lucy, but this one time I asked him, 'Danny, what does Mammers call Mommy?' He thought about it for a moment and answered 'On the phone.' And he's right, mostly, I'm a texter. And although I've convinced my mom to text some, most of our conversations (other than in person) are on the phone.

Which brings me to my next story. We've been in the car for over 12hrs, and due to lots and lots of traffic and an ill-advised detour, we still have quite a few hours left. (Yuck!) And since we've been on the road so long, the natives are getting restless. Aunt Jenny, the extra adult and wrangler of children, decided to help our bored children (can only watch so many movies) by playing a game. After making sure he knew his colors, settled on playing the color game with Danny. She picks a color and he has to look and find that color. Easy enough, right?

So the first color she picked is red, after passing multiple red cars, a coca cola machine and some other red things, she asked him if he saw anything red. He said 'Yeah, red and yellow.' She asked what was red and yellow.

Danny responded, in the most serious, matter of fact tone with a hint of you're silly for not knowing this...'They're colors!!!'


No comments: