Welcome!

We're just a family, living in Buffalo, NY trying to raise some kids, and have some fun while doing it. He's a computer guy and she works in a hospital. Two little boys (ages 3 and 2) who have everyone they know wrapped around their tiny, little fingers.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Those who have kids know that sometimes what comes out of their mouths can really be hysterical. I won't bore you with all of the things that Danny says (Liam isn't quite at the stage yet) but I will share a few.

* Danny has an obsession with the saying "what that crazy (insert object here) doing". He says it for quite a few things but my favorite is about the moon. 'What that crazy moon doing, moms?' My favorite is when he told my husband that it was going to supper and sitting at it's own table. (Supper, for those who don't know, used to be Friday Fupper and it happens every Friday without fail with my parents. Mostly at the same restaurant, but not always. The children have really come to enjoy it and I'm excited when I'm not scheduled on a Friday and can join them.)

* This one may be a bit embarrassing but it's from the brain of a three year old who doesn't quite understand embarrassment or shame. (Nor should he.) Recently I finally found a way to potty train Danny, and he's doing pretty well other than nighttime and we're having issues battling number 2. He asked me one day "Danny fart underwear?" I told him of course, everybody farts in their underwear. Well, he proceeded to tell me who farts in their underwear and it was people he saw: me, my husband, our neighbor. Let me tell you, I can't look at my next door neighbor without giggling a little bit. He has since stopped asking, especially since every time he said something I made him say 'excuse me' for farting. But I've been a little bit nervous when I've been around friends without kids for him to ask the question.

* The last one I'll talk about isn't quite as humorous, but just interesting to see the world through the eyes of a then 2 year old. My dad, on the days I work, comes to pick up my children. One day, Danny points at his tires, which have the Toyota emblem on them, and told me 'Rocket Ship, Mommy.' I wasn't really paying attention and just said 'yeah, yeah, whatever.' But he kept saying it. I finally looked at what he was showing me and realized that the upside down Toyota emblem really does look like a rocket ship.

No comments: