Welcome!

We're just a family, living in Buffalo, NY trying to raise some kids, and have some fun while doing it. He's a computer guy and she works in a hospital. Two little boys (ages 3 and 2) who have everyone they know wrapped around their tiny, little fingers.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Garbage Day

I love how the simplest things make my sons' days.

Thursday (not including the days that Daddy doesn't have to work) is their favorite day of the week because it's Garbage Day. They love any and all things trucks. And Garbage Day means a truck comes to their house and they can see it from their front window. They get so excited.
Danny just ran through the house looking for Liam "E-um...the Garbage Truck is here!" and they both run to the couch to look out the window. And that makes them happy.

For me, ok Dan because he's the one that takes out the Garbage, Garbage Day is a chore.

Which reminds me, one of Danny's favorite things to do (and he will cry if you don't let him) is to mow the lawn with Daddy. Dan hates it, I refuse to do it till we get a push reel mower because I am terrified of the gas mower, but it's Danny's favorite thing to do. He even has his own little lawn mower that he follows Dan around the yard with.

Danny also loves to sweep and pretend vacuum. (He's absolutely terrified of the vacuum cleaner when it's on, but I've realized it's because he does not like loud noises like thunder and fireworks.)

Sometimes I wish I was not so tainted by society and love all the things I learned to hate. (Although I'm not really sure I ever loved to clean. I did like playing in my play kitchen though.) I want to keep my babies young forever. But time has passsed so quickly. (Danny is ready to go to school in less than a week and Liam is showing signs of potty training readiness.) Where did my babies go? I know they will be ok, and I like them older and watching them grow up into the little men that they will become. But sometimes I miss when they needed me to survive (and when they couldn't talk back or run away from me when I'm trying to get their jammies on them for night-night.)

No comments: