Welcome!

We're just a family, living in Buffalo, NY trying to raise some kids, and have some fun while doing it. He's a computer guy and she works in a hospital. Two little boys (ages 3 and 2) who have everyone they know wrapped around their tiny, little fingers.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Warming the Bench

I'm sitting home on Saturday afternoon instead of running because I hurt my knee. My medical professional said it was due to overuse, so training is on hold for a while. It's kinda depressing; I'm used to running and biking and playing hockey every chance I get, so this is throwing me for a loop. I'm trying to stay positive about the whole situation, and that's really easy when I spend the extra time with my family.

I haven't been able to get much use out of my shoes lately, but someone else is getting lots of use out of his. Danny got new shoes last week! He's now sporting a pair of black Converse One Stars, the first pair of shoes he's walked in with a hard sole (aside from my shoes). The hard sole took a little getting used to, and they're a bit big on him which doesn't make it any easier, but he loves them and asks for them all the time. He is sure to have Mommy or Daddy tie them on before going outside to play soccer. And he LOVES playing soccer. On Thursday, he pointed outside and said "car" all day, until Lucy figured out that he just wanted to get the soccer ball out of the car. It was raining that day, so soccer had to wait.

Liam has been kicking like a champ too. He'll be crawling all over the place soon, but for now we're happy that he just sits around looking cute. Liam has started eating some solid food, but it's a battle. So far, Lucy has been the brave soldier.

Lucy has started a new job - she's a Sterile Processing Technician at a local hospital. While she has assured me that she hasn't had to clean any brain fragments off of anything, she says she still enjoys the job. AT only 24 hours a week, it's enough for her to spend some time with adults, but not so much that she feels l like she's missing out on her kids.

I flipped my wig watching RIT advance in the Frozen Four tournament yesterday and the Sabres are probably going to win the Northeast Division, so I have some good hockey to watch while I'm sitting out. I don't know how soon I'll be able to run or what the next week or month or year holds for any of us, but I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed if it weren't any different from what it is now.


No comments: